Race Date: June 22nd, 2013
½ Mile Swim/12 Mile Bike/5K Run
Start Time: 10:00 am /Registration will begin at 8:00 am
Location: Codorus State Park
(Park Classroom Building/Marina Area)
Address: 2600 Smith Station Road Hanover, PA 17331
Contact Information/Sponsoring Organization:
Spring Grove Regional Parks and Recreation Center
50 North East Street Suite 1 Spring Grove, Pa 17362
717-225-9733 Ext. 3
• Online Registration is now available on Active.com or click here to print registration
• Participants may enter as individuals or as a team
• Registration and the start line will be located at the Park
Classroom Building/Marina Area
• Event Finish line will be located in the Band Shell area of the park
• Race Maps and further information will be given once you are registered
• If under the age of 18 parent’s permission is required to participate.
If age 15 or under special permission is required. Please contact Recreation Center for more information and details.
• Goggles & Wet suits are permitted during the swim but no snorkels or fins
• A bike helmet is mandatory during the entire bike race
• Timing will be chip timing by SCORE THIS!!!
• Bibs must be worn on front of shirt for bike and run
• Yellow swim caps must be worn in water (caps will be provided)
• Registration will begin at 8:00 am and you must be registered by 9:30am to compete in the race
• A prerace informational meeting will be conducted at the start line at 9:45am
• Refreshments will be provided for participants
• Course will be marked with orange cones, chalk on roadways and signs
• Boat shuttles will be provided for transportation from starting/finishing areas
• Festival passes to the Codorus Blast will be given to all participants in race for Saturday ONLY
Award Categories for Triathlon
Male and Female Overall (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Male Teams, Female Teams, Co-Ed Teams (1st place)
Male and Female Age Groups (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
15-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60+
Those receiving overall awards are removed from their age groups, bumping everyone else up in each age group standing. There is no double dipping so if you qualify for overall, you cannot get another award.
• The swim will be in beautiful Lake Marburg
• The swim will make one ½ circle back to the shoreline
• Access to the water will be from the shore line at the park classroom building
• The water temp can range from 67-69’f
• Bike course is all on a rolling road course and there are different elevations throughout the course
• The course runs along the outskirts of Codorus State Park
• The lake will always be located on your right through the entire course
• The bike with start and end from the park classroom building
• This course will take place on a combination of paved roadway and trail each section will be about 1.5 miles long.
• The trail part of the run offers a cool, peaceful, and beautiful view of Lake Marburg
• The race will finish at the band shell area of the park which will be the location for the Codorus Summer blast festival taking place that day.